Sometimes it’s useful to focus on the benefits of doing things in a particular way.
Software Prototyping has many real benefits, but here are some of the main ones:
- Clarify requirements;
- Increase understanding of a conceptual system;
- Provide design focus and direction;
- Compare alternative design choices;
- Involve business stakeholders;
- Involve end-users;
- Help visualise and model workflows;
- To identify things that won’t work early;
- To demonstrate how a built system will work;
- To gain support from senior management or investors.
So, if you’re holding back from trying it, don’t!